Comrade Afolabi Olawale Olufemi is an astute trade unionist, and has been in active service for two decades precisely in the areas Management, Training/Education, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Negotiation and very replete with the creation, development and launch of existing viable operations with robust, deep and ingenious ideas.
His skills in Industrial Relations, General Management and Organizational Development were acquired and nurtured over the years in various roles since he pitched his tent with NUPENG, where he spent bulk of his meritorious career.
He had his first degree at the prestigious University of Lagos and he is an alumnus of numerous local and international management and professional programs in Nigeria and other African countries, United States of America as well as other Southern and Northern American countries, Europe, Middle East and Asia. This seasoned unionist has also attended various seminars and trainings organized by International Labour Organization (ILO).
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION WITH DATES:
• University of Cape Coast, Ghana – 2004 – Post Graduate Certificate in Labour Policies Studies.
• University of Ibadan, Nigeria – 1997 – Masters Degree in Industrial and Labour Relations – MILR
• University of Lagos, Nigeria – 1991 – Bachelor of Arts Degree- Philosophy
• West African Examination School Certificate- Advance Level (A/L) 1987
• West African Examination School Certificate – (O/L) – 1985
Associate Member Nigeria Institute of Management
Graduate Member Nigeria Institute of Personnel Management
WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH DATES
• Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers
• West Africa Examination Council, Nigeria Office
• Gold Reserve Engineering Company Limited
VARIOUS POSITIONS HELD IN NUPENG
Senior Organising Secretary /Head of NUPENG Sub Zonal Office, Ibadan, – 1998 – 2001
Principal Organising Secretary /Head of Admin, Education, Training, Health and Safety in HQ – 2001 -2004
Senior Assistant General Secretary /Head Education and Training, National Secretariat – 2004 – 2018
Senior Assistant General Secretary /Head of Warri Zonal Council – March 2018 – May 2018
Deputy General Secretary – 2018 – to date.